Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Saturday, September 22, 2007

G is for...

Gray Hair! It would seem everyday I find another, but on my birthday? I think they multiplied last night. Now, don't get me wrong, I actually like my gray hairs. Every one. I will never color them. They way I figure it, I've earned them. And as someone who often marches to the beat of a different drummer, I can appreciate that they seem to have a mind of their own; they kink and are unruly. They will not be tamed. After a lifetime of mostly straight hair that doesn't like to do much but go flat before I've even left the house, I look forward to the adventure that a full head of gray hair will provide.

Birthday Bangs, with Grays

So, do you flaunt or deny your grays?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger emmy said...

LOL Annie
At first I flaunted them defied them but as they became more plentiful I decided to hide them. So for now they are hidden away- well for the most part.

11:09 PM  
Blogger mary said...

Happy Birthday! You crack me up with your gray hairs. I'm too vain; I hide mine with highlights and wouldn't be caught dead taking a picture of mine. More power to you!

2:20 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Happy b'day!

I totally deny mine. I'd have a head of white if I didn't, and I'm just not ready to face that yet...my first gray came in at age 14, and I've colored the rainbow since!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only have like 3 (that I know of) and you can't really see them - I guess I deny that my hair is getting darker more than any greys since I get blonde highlights and refuse to admit that I'm becoming a brunette... ;o)

Happy Birthday! :o)

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I neither flaunt nor hide them. I'd noticed several crop up in the last several years, and then it seems they have multiplied just since Penelope was born! I think they look kind of chic. They seem to be mostly around my temples, and I would be tickled if I had defiant gray streaks.

Happy birthday!

10:33 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

OH I flaunt. There are only a few now, that seem to highlight the temples. We'll see . ...when the greys get going strong what Ill do!s

8:35 AM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

I wish I had your point of view. Mine are somewhat hidden and I will no doubt be one of those old people with hair that you just *know* is dyeing their hair.

Jessica

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday!

2:03 PM  
Blogger alltangledup said...

happy birthday - i used to pull them out until they got too rampant... now it's the bottle.

2:43 PM  
Blogger madonnaearth said...

My gray hairs are just there.

I don't mind them until I'm trying to curl them to go the same direction as the other hairs, or when I run my fingers through my hair and feel something and go, "What is that??!!!", thinking something is up there that shouldn't be.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home